SCHEDULE OF EVENT
9:00 am - Morning Prayer
9:30 am - Formation of Teams / Instructions
10:00 am - FLAG FOOTBALL BEGINS
12:00 noon - Lunch
1:00 pm - Closing Discussion / Prayer
- Games will be played with 5 players on a team.
- Players will be shuffled into random teams at start of tournament. (There will be opportunities to form your own teams during free play.)
GAME LENGTH AND TIMING
- Game will consists of two 12-minute halves (Running Time) and a 2-min halftime break.
- No overtimes until championship round.
- Teams will have 1 30-second timeout per half (within the running time).
- Ball must be played within 15-seconds after ball is placed by official.
- Coin toss will determine possession at start of the halves.
- No kickoffs. Instead ball will be thrown to opposing team.
- Ball is declared dead upon removal of flag. Spot of flag removal determines ball spot.
- Flags may only be removed when player has possession of ball.
- It is asked that players (especially rushers and blockers) strive for NON-CONTACT. Contact should only used when attempting a flag removal. Unnecessary contact will be penalized as unsportsmanlike conduct.
- Ball must be snapped by center to quarterback. Ball need not be passed between player’s legs.
- Each teammate is eligible to receive a pass.
- On fourth down, offense has the option for a protected punt. Team captain must notify official of decision to punt. Fake punts are illegal.
- Runs are allowed.
- Rushing is allowed provided defense sets up 1 yard before the line of scrimmage.
- Rushes on punts are illegal.
- Touchdown = 6 points (if by a male), 9 points (if by a female)
- Safety = 2 points
- No extra points